The suspension in your Audi car or SUV is responsible for maintaining your ride comfort no matter the road conditions. The system probably consists of a chassis, shocks, struts, coil springs, and an anti-sway bar.
While all of those are important, it's the shocks and struts that help most in keeping your vehicle stable. While they perform very similar roles, they're not interchangeable. The difference between them? Struts are integrated into the steering and suspension systems, while shocks are stand-alone components. That means that you need to perform an alignment when you replace a strut.
What Shocks and Struts Do
Both are responsible for controlling the activity of the coil springs, limiting the amount of body roll that you experience on curves. They also help to keep your wheels aligned properly, leading to better tire grip on the road, improved handling, and more assured braking and control.
How Tell When Your Shocks and Struts Are Failing
Sadly, it's not unheard of for shocks and struts to eventually start to fail. Signs of this include:
- A rougher-than-usual ride quality
- Your tire treads are wearing unevenly
- Your Audi pulls to one side when you're making a turn
- Your vehicle leans too far forward when you're stopping
- You notice a film of grease or oil on the shocks or struts
The good news is that most of these symptoms show up early, giving you time to inspect your suspension to determine if your shocks or struts are at fault. If they are, you'll want to replace them as soon as you can Ð and with the best ones for your vehicle. High-quality Audi shocks and struts were made specifically to fit your model's dimensions and come with a guaranteed compatibility that can't be matched. Order yours from our online auto parts center today and we'll ship them right to your front door!
No results found for "shock, strut, suspension". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!